So, the new goal is 52 books and now I'm at 47. Not sure I'll be able to read 5 books in December, as I'm working a lot and have a lot of stuff going on, but we shall see. Nevertheless, I read some excellent books this month!
1. Jesus For President by Shane Claiborne (Christian Non-Fiction)
If you've never read Claiborne, I highly highly recommend his first book The Irresistible Revolution. It changed the way I lived my faith. It changed the way I saw others, especially the homeless and those struggling with mental health and addiction issues. THIS book was pretty good as well. In light of all the politics in the U.S. right now, it's a breath of fresh air. I realized part way through it that I read it before the last election and not sure why I didn't remember reading it because it's good. 5 stars!
2. Missoulu by Jon Krakauer (Non-fiction)
I am a huuuuuge fan of Krakauer and have read everything except his newest one, which I am on the waitlist for at the library. A warning about this one is it describes fairly graphic sexual assaults. It can be triggering for many. But, he's a fantastic storyteller of real life stories and I recommend all of his books. 5 stars!
3. The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
Finally getting around to reading this after reading the Harold Fry book last year. This is the story about the woman he's going to visit. It's a sweet story. I love the way Joyce writes her characters. Looking forward to reading more from her. 4 stars!
4. The Highway by C.J. Box (Suspense Fiction)
I wanted to read this one before starting the ABC show (called Big Sky) next week. What a ride! The characters are well developed and it's always enjoyable to read from different perspectives. I am super excited to start the show! 4.5 stars!
5. Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell (Suspense Fiction)
Another amazing story from this talented writer. I read so much of this genre that I am getting good at predicting the "twist" but it didn't make me enjoy it any less. Another trigger warning related to childhood sexual abuse, so proceed with caution. 4.5 stars!
No comments:
Post a Comment