The long haul. I managed to read 5 books last month. So, I am ONE shy away from my goal of 52. At this point, I'm blaming the library. There was a 5 day period of no book reading because nothing was available. Not my fault! LOL. Anyway, I plan to strive for 60 again in 2021 and I expect to surpass it. Already 1/3 of the way through my first book of the year! Meanwhile, here's the books I read in December.
1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (Suspense Thriller)
This book popped up in "recommended" reads from my library and it appears my library knows my preferences pretty well. This was a great read. And, even though I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the "twist", I did not see this one coming. The book ends leaving much to be desired and I'm wondering if there will be a sequel. 5 stars!
2. Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr (Contemporary Fiction)
So, I guess growing old (for me) means all of the sudden liking sappy, contemporary romance novels. I blame Virgin River for all of it. I really did enjoy this one, which focused on Preacher and Paige and the whole debacle they got themselves into. I will continue reading the Virgin River novels because I love them. 4.5 stars!
3. You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz (Thriller)
Did you watch The Undoing? Well, I FINALLY did, but only after waiting weeks for this book (the one the series is based on) to come in so I could read it. The book is good and I can see how they might get another season or two out of the show. I encourage you to read it. 4 stars!
4. The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer (YA Mystery)
Another book made into a film--this one was Enola Holmes on Netflix. I adored the movie and the book and will be continuing on in the series. A YA novel, even for kids as young as 10, maybe. Quick, easy and super delightful read. 5 stars!
5. The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer (YA Mystery)
This series is just awesome. For boys or girls, 10 and up. And, adults too. And, don't forget to watch the movie. Can't wait to read the rest of them. 4.5 stars!
No comments:
Post a Comment