And, so, the pandemic lives on, and I've been working a lot. I was only able to read 4 books this month, but they were good ones! I'm going to have to pick it up if I hope to meet my goal of 60 books by the end of the year. Every book I read this month was a Five-Star read. Highly recommend all.
1. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (Fiction)
There is so much packed into this book. It is fantastic. I loved her first book (The Mothers) and this one did not disappoint as a sophomore effort. Do yourself a favor and read it. 5 stars!
2. Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera (Historical Fiction)
What a beautifully written, tragic story! This is a tale of three women, told from each perspective, of life in the South in the mid-1920s. If you like strong, female characters, heart-wrenching storylines and settings in the past of our dark history, this one is for you. 5 stars!
3. Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (Young Adult Fiction)
Ok, so, I was (am) a huge fan of the Twilight series. And, I always thought the story would better be told from Edward's perspective. I had read the unfinished online copy many years ago and to read its completion gave me some much needed closure on the series. 5 stars.
4. The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell (Suspense Fiction)
This is the fourth book I've read from this author and she has yet to disappoint. Another exciting thriller, written from multiple perspectives, spanning different times and situations. 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment