This week I am struggling with consistency! I could justify it with a lot of things: spring break, out of town guests, and other obligations, but those are really just excuses. My focus just isn't there. My meditation times are rushed and done more out of obligation than need. Usually, I NEED to spend time with God. My whole day is thrown off if I don't have a designated worship and Word time. And while I "pray through the day", I also like to have a designated slot of 15-30 minutes of just prayer time. Last month, I made a commitment to pray for 30 minutes a day, and I can tell you I have not been sticking with it. And, now I feel the guilt sticking to me like honey to a bear. I need to take the focus off myself and put it back on Him, so that time we spend together is effective and equipping. I imagine this is what many marriages are like when both work full time--never seeing each other or talking, feeling tired and overworked, and losing that real intimacy. You do what you need to do because that is what is expected. I don't want that in my relationship with Him. I desire all of Him and I know He desires all of me.
2 Peter 1:8 "For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
No comments:
Post a Comment