Num 5:6-7 "When a man or woman wrongs another in any way and so is unfaithful to the LORD, that person is guilty and must confess the sin he has committed."
Well, once again, I am struggling with what to do with my anger. Not only anger, but also with impatience. Indeed, impatience was the culprit this week. But, the sin is the same--harsh words and actions. There were a few instances, but one that stands out above the others. Yesterday, I was helping my son with his homework. This requires a lot of patience because J has ADHD and we have chosen not to use medication to control it. It makes him hyper, impulsive, and he has a VERY hard time concentrating on the task at hand (unless it is a video game). Its been a struggle to learn to parent a child with ADHD. I am not a patient person, and I am certain that God has planned it this way to teach me patience. And I am failing--yes, indeed, failing. So, anyway, I was helping him with his homework and he was fidgeting and not focusing and it was taking a long time. Meanwhile, my daughter is jumping around because she's bored and wants to go play outside (because that is what we do after homework time). J was struggling with a comprehension exercise. He just wasn't getting it. He was reading too fast in order to get it done, but then when I asked him the "who", "what", "where" questions, he couldn't answer them. After a good ten minutes (this exercise should take 2-3 minutes tops), I had had it and I exploded at him. And then at my daughter as well, because she was jumping all over the furniture and screaming. I sent them to their rooms for the next hour. I did manage to talk to them both later after I had cooled off, but still, I did not handle the situation well.
::SIGH::
No comments:
Post a Comment