When we said goodbye
You couldn't speak
You couldn't speak
You couldn't wave
You couldn't cry
You couldn't cry
When we said goodbye
There was no farewell
There was no farewell
No "see you later"
No "until next time"
No "until next time"
When we said goodbye
You couldn't see me
You couldn't see me
You couldn't hear me
You didn't know I was there
You didn't know I was there
When we said goodbye
I couldn't speak
I couldn't speak
Couldn't wave
But only cried
But only cried
When we said goodbye
I bid farewell
I bid farewell
Not knowing when I would see you again
When we said goodbye
It was hard to see you
It was hard to see you
Through the tears
And the sorrow
And the sorrow
When we said goodbye
I could only hear
I could only hear
The sound of machines
Making you be
Making you be
When we said goodbye
We had no plans
We had no plans
There was nothing else we could do
When we said goodbye
It wasn't forever
It wasn't forever
But, it feels like it will be
~ SMF, 8-24-2011
*Dedicated to my sweet Ezra James, until we meet again.*
2 comments:
Very well put, my love. Thank you for sharing your heart.
You have a God-given gift of poetry, Sara. I think you should start compiling them into a book, or even a pamphlet of sorts. I think they would be so healing for other families who are grieving the loss of their children.
Post a Comment