"Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails." NIV
Reflecting on last year's list, I realize that almost every goal was met. One of the goals I did not publish at the time was that we would sell our house and make efforts to leave AZ. Well, the first part of that was met and though it put us in dire straits for a few months, we pushed through it and are now back on track financially. We are still working on the second part of that goal. All the other goals were met! In fact, I am on a mini vacay with my husband now. We are on the beautiful Central Coast of CA to attend his best friend's wedding, which is this afternoon. The kids are enjoying 3 days of quality time with my parents. We haven't had a vacation, just the two of us, since August 2003. Its been a great blessing and it was wonderful to ring in the new year with my favorite person on earth!
I want to get back to my handsome, so, quickly, here are some of the goals (the ones I care to share publicly) for 2011. Not sure how far we'll get, but I know for sure that God is leading the way and that to the most inner core of my being, I want to follow Him.
- Continue seeking God in an intimate, real way through prayers, Scripture, and praise. ✔
- Apply to a nursing program (at this time, I have decided that I want to do a BSN, which means applying to a university, most likely ASU, unless a move happens). ✔
Volunteer at a hospital and regularly with the homelessGo on a second honeymoon for 10 year wedding anniversary (we've narrowed it down to Costa Rica, Kauai, and New York--it's so hard to decide!)- "Date" my kids--more one-on-one time with them ✔
Mission trip (never been on one and would really like to go on one in summer)- Go "unplugged" once a week (no computer, TV, cell phone for 24 hours--music is ok) ✔
There are more, but I am choosing to keep them private. I look at these goals and know that every one of them is attainable, through God's grace. I am tired of underestimating Him. So, I prayerfully press forward into 2011. And I would appreciate any prayers from you along the way. God bless you in the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment