Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

Another year over. Another year before us. Each day brings new mercies from our Heavenly Father. Each day is a gift from Him; we don't know which one will be our last. 2009--I declared it a year of healing. I needed healing, and our gracious God gave it to me. Emotional healing. Spiritual healing. Even physical healing. It may not be complete, but, I have come so much farther than I was last year at this time. It will continue. God is faithful.

2010 is only hours away. The kids tried to stay up for it; the girl fell asleep, but the boy is still reading in his room. We shall see if he can make it. I am really sick and am having a hard time staying awake myself. My husband is due home from work any minute. And we will do our annual New Year's Eve tradition of writing out our goals for the next year. I've already written my personal goals for the year, and he and I will decide together what our marriage and family goals are for 2010. Most years, we don't fulfill the goals, but its always good to have something to work toward in life. When looking at last year's list, I only met about half the goals. Some are still a work in progress. I will add those to this year's list, and will prayerfully try to progress with each goal. So here is the list for 2010 (what I've decided to publicly share anyway):

  • All time is God time (pray more, worship more, read the Bible more) ✔
  • Exercise regularly ✔
  • Take a vacation, just my husband and me ✔
  • Stay free of debt (continue cash only system) ✔
  • Be content in all circumstances
  • Put real effort into school ✔
  • Eat less junk food ✔
  • Not complain so much
  • Spend more quality time with the kids ✔
I've claimed 2010 as the year of "letting go". I've been healed because I've been reminded that I was holding on to a lot of junk. And I am beginning to let go--of the past, regrets, anger, fear. Residual hurts festered inside of me, weighing me down. I finally learned, after 9 years of being a Christian, that Jesus can really take this. He can remove each and every stain, each and every burden. I have nothing to fear. And then comes the relief. And so it will be with 2010. Whatever else there is hanging around, I plan to let it go.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I pray that 2010 is a blessed year for you and your sweet family!!!

Love and Hugs!!