Covet, covet, covet. I am guilty, Lord forgive me. I just can't seem to be content with what I have, which is so much more than most. I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, and an incredible God who loves me more than I can fathom. I have a home, 2 cars, food to eat, clothes to wear, clean water, electricity, and more extras than I care to name. I am spoiled. But discontent. Instead of wanting more of Him, I want more of earth. You know, a back yard. A garage. A private swimming pool. Not to live here, but to live in CA or OR. Covet, covet, covet. Forgive me, Lord. I have an amazing husband, and two healthy children. Medical insurance to cover the costs of maintaining my illnesses. A God who provides for every need. But, still discontented. Help me to be gracious God. Help me to share my blessings with others. Thank You for providing all I need and so much more.
Heb 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have..."
No comments:
Post a Comment