Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Man


Today I celebrate 8 years of being married to THE MOST wonderful man on earth. Now, I know most women feel this way about their husbands, but in my case it is true. ;) I just consider myself so blessed to call him mine. Peter is an amazing husband and father. He often goes beyond the call of duty to lead this family. Because of the circumstances we've been given, the health challenges, financial stress, and other things we've had to overcome, he often has to compensate for my own lack of contribution. And he takes the initiative; I don't have to ask or beg. He puts up with a lot. God has gifted him with so much patience and servitude. He (that is, God) is the core of our marriage, which I KNOW is the reason we've come so far having gone through so many trials.

Its been incredible to be married to Peter. I love watching him be a Dad to our children. He is such a hands on father. He spends time with them every day so that I can have an hour or two to myself. He helps around the house--well, that is an understatement. He splits dish duty with me, he is in charge of mopping and bathtubs, and he helps out with most of the other chores (the ones I allow--I have a very specific way of cleaning). He is kind and generous. He's smart and funny. He knows the little things that will brighten my day and does them often. I love being married to him. I pray we can grow old together and hold our grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and celebrate a life of memories together.

I love you Peter. Happy Anniversary.

No comments: