Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rejoice, for our Savior is Risen!

Luke 24:6 "He is not here; He is risen!"

Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Even when I was a kid (growing up outside the Church) and didn't really understand what Easter was about. And even, as I got older (and still outside the Church), and learned a little about Jesus and this Faithful Day, I loved it. Something about it has always appealed to me. (No not just the candy and my Grandma's tasty Easter dinners!) I guess I never really knew what it was until my first "real" celebration of the resurrection in 2001, 5 months after accepting Christ as my Savior. It is incomprehensible to me--by nature, a selfish creature--that the Creator of all things would send his Son to the Earth for the sole purpose of dying to save it. Save me. But, truly, the glory of all that is that we are made right through His resurrection...which we celebrate today. With that, Jesus has conquered sin, conquered Satan, and conquered death itself! And that those of us who believe in Him will have eternal life. WOW. It is true in the songs where it says that He is all we need. He truly is. And now I can relish in that--in Jesus. And celebrate His resurrection from death and His conquering of sin and the Enemy. And so, I can shout it from within, REJOICE! HE IS RISEN!

Happy Easter!

Rom 4:25 "He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification."

No comments: