Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Restore: Goals for 2020

Has it really been over 2 years since I wrote anything on here? Wow. That's pretty bad for a person who enjoys writing so much. And, since one of my goals for 2020 is to write more, why shouldn't my first post back be about these said goals?

First of all, my "word"for this year is RESTORE. My mind, body and soul are all in desperate need of restoration. I've really neglected myself since I started working full time almost 4 years ago. I haven't been to the doctor in that entire time (unless you count urgent care for Bronchitis, a UTI and minor flare ups). I am 3 years overdue for a GI check up, 5 years overdue for a female check up and also need consults for a ENT doctor, a dermatologist and an endocrinologist. My mental health needs a check up too. The insomnia is worse than ever and my anxiety is still pretty out of control. I don't know exactly what I need to help those things, but I know they need to be addressed. Finally, my spiritual restoration needs careful attention. I haven't been to church in over 2 years. I could blame it on night shift syndrome, which is legitimate, but, God's honest truth is I'm not entirely sure I want to "go to church" at this time. There are a lot of reasons, but, that's a whole other post for another day. All that's important is my spiritual health is depleted and needs restoration.

So, RESTORE.

I have plans in motion to improve my health in all these areas. And, God is good. I am so grateful for my family and friends (both near and far) who have committed to holding me accountable. I won't make it through this without them.

So, my goals for 2020 aren't so different from other years, but the way I approach them will be. So, Happy New Year! And, here it goes.

GOALS FOR 2020
1. Pray (I'm keeping a prayer journal for the first time in maybe 6 or 7 years. Already, my prayer life is improving)
2. Go to all my doctor appointments/get all my out-of-date check ups (easier said than done...)
3. Travel more (we already have a few things on the calendar this year!)
4. Write more (I've caught up on my family blog and am starting here) ✔
5. Read 52 books (Fell short of my reading list last year by about 10 books) (revised from 60 in August) ✔
6. Save $ $ $  (I won't say the amount, but husband and I have committed to saving a certain amount this year, since we fell short on last year's goal) ✔
7. Spend more time outside (I've already been doing this and it's been amazing) ✔
8. Exercise (more walking, biking, hiking) ✔
9. Quality time with my husband (at least one date a week) ✔
10. Quality time with my kids (my son turning 18 has really made me sensitive to this) ✔

I'm looking at 2020 with a new perspective. Maybe having an adult-aged child has triggered something in me, but time is precious and life is short. So, here's to a new year and may you be inspirited to make it your best year ever. Cheers.



No comments: