Thursday, May 21, 2015

There's a First Time For Everything

Year one. DONE.

The past two weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster. I've been up and down and down again. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in my performance this semester. Despite having a pretty good handle on material and performing well on the majority of exams, I got burnt out at the end and pretty much fizzled out, resulting in 3 less-than-ideal final grades.

In class number one, Pharmacology, my score is 89.5%.

In class number two, Nursing Theory, my final score is 88.35%.

In class number three, Nursing Practice, my final score is 85.16%.

So, for the first time EVER, I won't have even one A on my "report card". It's a tough pill to swallow. I won't know what my GPA is for another week, when official grades are posted, but I dare say it will be close to 3.5, maybe lower. Which means that, for the first time in my life, I won't graduate with honors, unless I get all As for the rest of the program. Not likely. I know I keep saying I've let go of the grade thing, but I think it's ingrained in my very being.  I can't help but feel let down. And disappointed in myself because I know I am capable of better.

Alas, I'm officially a 2nd year nursing student, and that feels AMAZING! So, I'll focus on that for now.

And, now that that's all over, it's time to celebrate! I'm going to DISNEYLAND!

No comments: