Well, it happened. The application went out 7 months ago. The TEAS was 5 months ago. My official point allocation letter was 3 months ago. So, I've been on pins and needles waiting for my official "admission status" letter. And, because nothing can happen in my school life without a little bit of drama, it did not arrive the day it was suppose to--because it was sent to Portland first. After a lot of back and forth with administration, I finally got my hand on the letter on Tuesday morning:
I was SHOCKED. I mean, I actually think I went into shock. I couldn't stop shaking for a good 15 minutes. My heart rate was racing. I started to sweat, but had chills. I had to do some serious deep breathing to calm down. And, then, the text messaging began. Time to share the news and celebrate!
I was absolutely convinced that I would be passed over this time around. My application points weren't at what I thought to be at a competitive level (I had 76/100). There were only 42 open spots and about 250 applicants. Getting accepted didn't seem possible--not because I was doubting my abilities but because I know how competitive this process is. After all, this was the 3rd time I applied to nursing school.
The first time was in AZ. It wasn't without it's drama, but it was nothing like what I experienced in Oregon or CA. I did get accepted into both Grand Canyon University and Mesa Community College. But, declined both spots because we moved to Portland. Then, applying to Portland, and getting waitlisted (at number 50). Didn't think that was going to happen, but it did. And then, I crashed and burned (not really, but by their standards, I did). So, the 3rd time's the charm right? Here's hoping.
School starts August 18. I'm excited to get back to it, and hopefully see it all the way through this time. Getting ready for Nursing School: Take 2! (6 long months to wait....)

No comments:
Post a Comment