Our church has been going through a series on living out thankfulness. And our pastor encouraged us to list not 1, but 5 things every day that we were thankful for. And we couldn't repeat them. We did it for 7 days. I posted mine on FB, and I really liked the task! It made me realize, that even on stressful days, or sad days, or when disappointment comes, we still have things we can be thankful for. God is still sovereign.
Here's my list:
Day 1:
(1) My AMAZING husband
(2) Free shuttle to/from the Sylvania campus
(3) First project of the term is done
(4) The soup simmering on the stove
(5) Laughter
Day 2:
(1) My nursing cohort
(2) Pajamas
(3) Cup of tea
(4) Ian Ball's new song
(5) God's peace on a stressful day
Day 3:
(1) Got a B on the Pharmacology midterm I thought I bombed!
(2) My husband still opens doors for me
(3) Pathomaps are DONE!!!!
(4) My new shampoo
(5) Time with my sister today
Day 4:
(1) Spontaneous sunshine
(2) Wool socks
(3) Frozen blueberries
(4) Serving in the community
(5) Afternoon hike through Mt. Tabor
Day 5:
(1) My clinical instructor is AWESOME
(2) All the new stuff I learned today (to sum it all up: don't let your liver fail)
(3) A BEAUTIFUL sunset on a gorgeous winter day in Portland
(4) Broccoli. I heart broccoli.
(5) Family Movie Night
Day 6:
(1) A beautiful afternoon hike with the kids (and playtime at the park)
(2) Listening to Alayna play the piano
(3) God's provision
(4) Chips and salsa
(5) Game nights
Day 7:
(1) Friendship
(2) Food
(3) Warmth
(4) Hospitality
(5) Celebration
No comments:
Post a Comment