So, one term down, five to go.
Last term went by so quickly (I cannot emphasize that enough). It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Good, in some ways; not so good in others. I managed to squeak out an "A" by doing very well on my final; but it was HARD. Even though I felt really awkward for a lot of the term, there were a couple times along the way that I felt like a nurse. I've also met some pretty amazing people, who have been an incredible support system the past 3 months. I am so grateful God placed me with this cohort, at this time. It's going to be great journeying this road with them! Here is a photo of me and my first clinical group--a great bunch of folks to work/study with!
The hardest part of this program isn't related to the course work at all. But, how much time I had to sacrifice to make it work. I worked my tail off. And missed quality time with my family. And quality time with God. I still prioritized those relationships, but I would have loved much more than I got. And it is only going to get worse from here; at least for the next two quarters.
What's next is adding TWO more classes to my workload in winter and spring. My schedule (through March) is going to look like this:
Monday - class from 8am-1pm (1-hour break)
Tuesday - class from 8am-5pm (2-hour break)
Wednesday - Bible study 9-11
Class 1-4
Thursday - study, clinical prep, class prep
Friday - Clinical 6am-4:30pm
So, first term of nursing school--DONE. Ready for round 2. 8am tomorrow!
1 comment:
Yay for school. I can't believe you're in your second quarter! I'm seriously thinking of quitting. *Sigh* It's starting to look like an unachievable goal.
Post a Comment