Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Was a Blur

I don't know about you but this past year seemed to fly by for me.  I feel like I was just writing about my goals for 2012 and here I am wrapping up the year and looking at how far I've come to meeting those goals.  And setting new goals for 2013!  It's insane!  It's true what they say about time going faster the older you get.  This past year zoomed by.  And what a year it was!

I remember stating at the beginning of the year that this would be the year of determination.  I look back at my goals and realize I failed to reach most of them (except applying to nursing program and arts & crafts stuff), but, I did make an effort.  Especially with the new meals and the yoga.  I was going great with those for quite some time.  Then, I started nursing school.  :)

So, my theme for 2013 is perseverance.  We are facing some trials going into the new year (losing full-time work/income, losing insurance, health issues, child care issues, scheduling issues, and ongoing stress of school), but we must stand firm.  We must persevere!  And 2013 is the year to do it!

Goals:

(1) Continue in prayer, worship, and studying the Word and drawing near to God as a family, as a couple, and in my own walk with Christ. ✔
(2) Successfully complete clinicals and classes
(3) Be more confident in my role as a nurse ✔
(4) (At least) Once-a-month dates with my husband ✔
(5) (At least) Once-a-month dates with each child (kinda-sorta)
(6) Go to Seattle! ✔
(7) Get a passport (for the first time!) and go to Canada!
(8) Maintain a healthier weight (I need to lose about 10 pounds and tone up)
(9) Get house organized again and stick to a cleaning schedule ✔
(10) Volunteer regularly *somewhere* ✔

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I think perseverance is a good goal! Love you, friend!