2011 was a memorable year for me. An exciting year. A challenging year. A year for new beginnings and old dreams. Looking back on my
goals from last year, I am happy with how far I came to meeting them. The unplugged day kinda petered off back in September, mostly because I started an online class and needed to sign in every day to receive credit. I definitely want to reinstate it because it came to be something I really looked forward to every week. The mission trip wasn't even attempted. It's still something I want to do, but decided that the way life is now, my mission needs to be local. And Portland really needs missionaries to serve it, love it, and pray for it, so I am happy to do it. Especially because I really love Portland! It is a great city and I feel so blessed to live here. We didn't get a second honeymoon either, because the move used up the money we were saving for one, but we looked at moving here as a great adventure of discovery, so it was like a vacation the first few months that we were getting to know the area. And I couldn't apply to a nursing program because of all the transfer credit nonsense and having to start all over again, but at least I am that much closer. All in all, I think 2011 was one of the better years, as of late. I did not have even one flare up or bout of depression at all last year! That is definitely a feat in and of itself. And I praise God, because no way was it achieved by my doing. I look ahead to 2012 with hope. And determination. There is a lot to be done this year. Excited to see how God works that out in my life!
My goals for 2012 haven't changed much from last year's. I am keeping some private, of course, but here are the
top five NEW goals that I plan to pursue this year and the top five previous goals I want to continue to pursue.
New
1. Cook one new meal a week. ✔
2.
Start yoga routine (3 times a week). I've dabbled in the past and LOVE yoga, but have never been able to be consistent with it. It starts now.
3. Write and mail at least one handwritten letter a month to a friend/family member. (I managed 8...)
4. Learn to knit/sew. (I learned to crochet!)
5. Do more arts and crafts related activities with the kids (get over the mess-phobia I have which has prevented me from engaging in these types of activities with them). ✔
Old
1.
Reinstate unplugged day.
2. Continue working with Oregon Food Bank. ✔
3.
Volunteer in a hospital. (But, I did learn in one for 6 weeks....)
4.
Take a kid-free vacation with my husband (we're shooting for Seattle some time this summer).
5. Apply to nursing programs. ✔
No comments:
Post a Comment