During this first week of nursing school, we've been talking about how to build client-nurse trust in theory class. Reading from several different sources, it's said that trust is most easily built on consistent, predictable behavior (i.e. nurse checking in on client every 15 minutes, doing vital signs; bringing items client asks for; finding out information and relaying that info to the families). As I've been reading and listening to classmates and our instructors, it got me thinking about my trust in God. How different it looks from the trust between nurse and client. God is NOT predictable nor consistent. He is the same, eternally, but His response to us and our prayers is not always the same. Yet, as Christians, we are still supposed to trust Him.
It made me realize how often we humanize God, when He is not human. He is holy. He is other. So, the same rules that apply to our human relationships do not apply to our relationship to God. If we based our trust on predictability and consistency, than our faith wouldn't be faith. And, it would be weak; of humans, not of our Holy King. I was thankful for that insight this week as I embark on this journey through nursing school.
So, I am trusting God. And all the unpredictable and inconsistent blessings He will bring through this time.
John 14:1 ~ "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me."
No comments:
Post a Comment