Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top 100 Movies

Keeping up with the top 100 trend (this is all your fault Andrew).  On to movies.  I thought this would be difficult but it wasn't too bad at all.  Not nearly as much as albums.  Should I even attempt songs???  There are too many.  I might be able to do a top 500....
  1. Se7en (1995)
  2. Memento (2000)
  3. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  4. Star Wars (1977)
  5. Stand By Me (1986)
  6. Swimming with Sharks (1994)
  7. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  8. Good Will Hunting (1997)
  9. Psycho (1960)
  10. The Dark Knight (2008)
  11. The Usual Suspects (1995)
  12. The Godfather (1972)
  13. Sound of Music (1965)
  14. The Outsiders (1983)
  15. The Breakfast Club (1985)
  16. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
  17. Up (2009)
  18. Gone with the Wind (1939)
  19. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  20. Return of the Jedi (1983)
  21. Mary Poppins (1964)
  22. A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
  23. Say Anything (1989)
  24. Silence of the Lambs (1991)
  25. Parenthood (1989)
  26. Taxi Driver (1976)
  27. Toy Story (1995)
  28. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
  29. Rain Man (1988)
  30. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
  31. Dead Poet's Society (1989)
  32. Edward Scissorhands (1990)
  33. Goodfellas (1990)
  34. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  35. Beetlejuice (1988)
  36. Casablanca (1942)
  37. American Beauty (2000)
  38. Back to the Future (1984)
  39. Vertigo (1958)
  40. The Godfather II (1974)
  41. Elf (2003)
  42. Fight Club (1999)
  43. Citizen Kane (1941)
  44. Big (1988)
  45. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
  46. Forrest Gump (1994)
  47. Toy Story 3 (2010)
  48. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  49. Dumbo (1941)
  50. ET (1982)
  51. My Fair Lady (1964)
  52. Raging Bull (1980)
  53. Inception (2011)
  54. Batman Begins (2005)
  55. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
  56. It Happened One Night (1934)
  57. The Goonies (1985)
  58. What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
  59. Sixth Sense (1999)
  60. American History X (1998)
  61. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
  62. Rear Window (1954)
  63. The Departed (2006)
  64. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 (2011)
  65. The Wedding Singer (1998)
  66. An American in Paris (1951)
  67. The Little Mermaid (1989)
  68. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
  69. Terms of Endearment (1983)
  70. The Princess Bride (1987)
  71. Ferris Buellar's Day Off (1986)
  72. Rebel Without a Cause (1955)
  73. All About Eve (1950)
  74. West Side Story (1961)
  75. American Graffiti (1973)
  76. Happy Gilmore (1996)
  77. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
  78. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
  79. Clue (1985)
  80. The Neverending Story (1984)
  81. Reality Bites (1994)
  82. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
  83. 16 Candles (1984)
  84. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
  85. Circle of Friends (1995)
  86. A Hard Day's Night (1964)
  87. Barefoot in the Park (1967)
  88. Tootsie (1982)
  89. Sabrina (1954)
  90. Kramer vs. Kramer (1976)
  91. Top Gun (1986)
  92. The Patriot (2000)
  93. 50/50 (2011)
  94. Mallrats (1995)
  95. The Lost Boys (1987)
  96. Help! (1965)
  97. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
  98. Yours, Mine, and Ours (1968)
  99. Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)
  100. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)

3 comments:

zanesmommy said...

LOVE your 80's movies! A little surprised at some I don't see on there. But then the books were BETTER!

Sara Marie said...

It was hard to cut some out. I had about 130 originally and had to hack away....

I am currently working on top 100 books list AND top 100 music artists. I am having too much fun with these lists. I've been staying up until 2am working on these lists (because I am having trouble sleeping anyway). :)

Evan Siroky said...

I'd be interested to see your ranking algorithms