Thursday, August 30, 2012

Top 100 Albums (1981 - present)

This one was WAY more difficult!  (And I am still not "sure" about it, but it's what I could come up with before the process became too stressful.)
  1. Gomez ~ In Our Gun (2002)
  2. Death Cab For Cutie ~ Transatlanticism (2003)
  3. Radiohead ~ The Bends (1995)
  4. Gomez ~ Split the Difference (2004)
  5. Pearl Jam ~ Ten (1991)
  6. U2 ~ Joshua Tree (1987)
  7. Radiohead ~ OK Computer (1997)
  8. Beck ~ Odelay (1996)
  9. The Smiths ~ The Smiths (1984)
  10. Michael Jackson ~ Thriller (1983)
  11. Mumford and Sons ~ Sigh No More (2009)
  12. Elliott Smith ~ XO (1998)
  13. Violent Femmes ~ Violent Femmes (1983)
  14. Mineral ~ End Serenading (1998)
  15. Sunny Day Real Estate ~ Diary (1994)
  16. Nirvana ~ Nevermind (1991)
  17. The Smiths ~ Hatful of Hallow (1984)
  18. Radiohead ~ Kid A (2000)
  19. Gomez ~ Bring It On (1998)
  20. Weezer ~ Weezer (1994; AKA The Blue Album)
  21. U2 ~ War (1983)
  22. Gomez ~ Liquid Skin (1999)
  23. Mineral ~ Power of Failing (1997)
  24. The Cure ~ Wish (1992)
  25. Metallica ~ Master of Puppets (1986)
  26. Depeche Mode ~ Catching Up With Depeche Mode (1985)
  27. Wilco ~ Being There (1996)
  28. The Pixies ~ Surfer Rosa (1988)
  29. Pearl Jam ~ Vs. (1993)
  30. Elliott Smith ~ Either/Or (1997)
  31. Gomez ~ Five Men in a Hut (2006)
  32. Arcade Fire ~ The Suburbs (2010)
  33. Wilco ~ Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)
  34. Gomez ~ Whatever's On Your Mind (2011)
  35. Gomez ~ How We Operate (2006)
  36. Death Cab For Cutie ~ Plans (2005)
  37. Sunny Day Real Estate ~ How It Feels to be Something On (1998)
  38. Tom Petty ~ Full Moon Fever (1989)
  39. Muse ~ Blackholes and Revelations (2006)
  40. Prince ~ Purple Rain (1984)
  41. Beastie Boys ~ License to Ill (1986)
  42. System of a Down ~ Toxicity (2001)
  43. Everclear ~ Sparkle and Fade (1995)
  44. Gomez ~ A New Tide (2009)
  45. Death Cab For Cutie ~ Narrow Stairs (2008)
  46. Elliott Smith ~ From A Basement on a Hill (2003)
  47. Guns N' Roses ~ Appetite For Destruction (1987)
  48. System of a Down ~ System of a Down (1998)
  49. Lifehouse ~ No Name Face (2000)
  50. Weezer ~ Pinkerton (1996)
  51. The Smiths ~ The Queen Is Dead (1986)
  52. Beck ~ Mutations (1998)
  53. Smashing Pumpkins ~ Siamese Dreams (1993)
  54. The Cure ~ Disintegration (1989)
  55. Ian Ball ~ Who Goes There (2006)
  56. David Crowder Band ~ Remedy (2007)
  57. Everclear ~ So Much For the Afterglow (1997)
  58. PJ Harvey ~ Rid of Me (1993)
  59. Metallica ~ And Justice For All (1988)
  60. Muse ~ Origin of Symmetry (2001)
  61. New Order ~ Substance (1987)
  62. Smashing Pumpkins ~ Meloncholy and the Infinite Sadness (1995)
  63. Social Distortion ~ Social Distortion (1990)
  64. Gomez ~ Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline (2000)
  65. Depeche Mode ~ Violator (1990)
  66. No Doubt ~ Tragic Kingdom (1995)
  67. Lifehouse ~ Stanley Climbfall (2002)
  68. The Cure ~ Head on the Door (1985)
  69. Oingo Boingo ~ Only a Lad (1981)
  70. Wico ~ A.M.
  71. Stone Roses ~ The Stone Roses (1989)
  72. Five Iron Frenzy ~ Upbeats and Downbeats (1997)
  73. The Cranberries ~ No Need to Argue (1994)
  74. Tori Amos ~ Little Earthquakes (1992)
  75. Alice in Chains ~ Dirt (1992)
  76. Oingo Boingo ~ Dead Man's Party (1985)
  77. Smashing Pumpkins ~ Pisces Iscariot (1994)
  78. Tool ~ Undertow (1993)
  79. Arcade Fire ~ Funeral (2004)
  80. The Cranberries ~ Everybody Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (1992)
  81. Portishead ~ Dummy (1994)
  82. DCB ~ Illuminate (2003)
  83. Coldplay ~ Parachutes (2000)
  84. Ben Harper ~ Burn to Shine (1999)
  85. The Pixies ~ Doolittle (1989)
  86. Natalie Merchant ~ Tigerlily (1995)
  87. Pavement ~ Slanted and Enchanted (1992)
  88. Massive Attack ~ Mezzanine (1998)
  89. Beastie Boys ~ Ill Communication (1994)
  90.  Arctic Monkeys—Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (2006)
  91. Iron and Wine ~ The Shepherd's Dog (2007)
  92. Tom Waits ~ Rain Dogs (1985)
  93. Ani DiFranco ~ Dilate (1996)
  94. The Strokes ~ This Is It (2001)
  95. Blind Pilot ~ 3 Rounds and A Sound (2008)
  96. Pavement ~ Crooked Rain (1994)
  97. Stone Roses ~ Second Coming (1994)
  98. Tori Amos ~ Under the Pink (1994)
  99. Tool ~ Aenima (1996)
  100. Blind Pilot ~ We Are the Tide (2011)
(Seriously, I hate myself for leaving some pretty incredible albums off this list.  I mean, no White Stripes?  No Nirvana?  No Belle and Sebastian?  No Soundgarden?  What's wrong with me?)

3 comments:

zanesmommy said...

Here I have to say Big Head Todd and The Monsters? Ugly Americans? Bare Naked Ladies?

Sara Marie said...

While I like individual songs by all those bands, I can't say I like a whole album as much as the ones on the list. I love a whole lot of bands who aren't on the list. The ones I mentioned at the bottom PLUS Dave Matthews Band, Sufjan Stevens, Feist, Green Day, Madonna, Stone Temple Pilots, Stray Cats, and more! it was so hard. I basically started getting frustrated and gave up. :)

I'd love to see your list!

zanesmommy said...

I could not think that long. I more go on artist ;) Because I can barely remember the names of songs, let alone which album. That is just the way my brain works. Right now it is all about books on CD. Doing Chronicles of Narnia right now!