I have been MIA on this blog. I have been so busy with school, kids, house, and life. Exhausted, but grateful. This is the happiest I've been in years. Portland is amazing. I love it. Which brings me to my post. I used to do a "list of the week". Well, now I've decided to nix that in lieu of a "What I'm Into Lately". I am hoping to do a post like this once a month. Here is October's:
1. Soup--vegetarian soups: broccoli cheese, lentil and kale (pictured), vegetable noodle, and wild rice vegetable have all been made in the past 2 weeks....
2. The changing trees--Autumn is abound in Portland! It's beautiful! (This photo was taken from my second floor back porch.)
3. Gomez--I've loved this band for YEARS, but only recently got to see them live for the first time. They were phenomenal and I have been listening to them more often since the show. The performance in this video is pure awesomeness. The unique thing about this band is that there is no "lead" singer. 3 singers equally sing lead in their songs. Two members are MIA in this performance, but I LOVE it and had to post it.
Here's another performance from Leno. Had to post this one as well because (a) All of them are in it, (b) I wanted to post a song with one of the other singers, and (c) I am just obsessed with them right now and have a whole slew of videos I could post.....
4. The rain (I did NOT take this photo. I tried to capture one of the rain. Never got a good one.)
5. Bike rides--mine is the red one, given to me by a friend here in Portland. But, the rain is here, so I will be riding less often.
6. Playing Gin Rummy with my kids
7. Sara Gruen novels (read Water For Elephants last year, and have recently read 2 more, and have several more on my "to read" list at the library)
8. The piano. I've always loved it and "taught" myself how to play a few songs. I think I really want to learn to read music and actually play it. Putting that on my bucket list.




No comments:
Post a Comment