Thursday, July 28, 2011

Each Day, Together

Two into one
United in spirit, body
Walking through each day
And the uncertainty it holds
Day after day
Week after week
Month in, month out
And years become decades
But, still together
In every moment
Gliding, together
Through our seasons, ebb and flow
Marking each step with invisible stones
Both the bad and good
Hand-in-hand
Heart-to-heart
Souls entwined
Never forget where we've been
How far we've come
And the destinations still ahead
Urging forward, together
Retracing our steps
Learning from the stumbles
Skipping along this crooked path
But only together
Through the diseases and the pain
The joy and the sorrow
Between the tears, the smiles
When wounds don't always heal
And memories begin to fade
But, always together
Until there is never

~ SMF, 7-27-11

Happy 10th Anniversary to my AMAZING husband; the most generous, gracious, selfless, kind, hard-working, caring, thoughtful, patient, purposeful, handsome (HOT!), and loving man I will ever know.  Peter: I don't deserve you, but I am so grateful that you married me.  We've been through a lot in our ten years.  I know more is to come.  But, as long as you are with me, and our focus is on God, I know we will make it.  Thank you for sharing this life with me.  I heart you.  :)

1 comment:

Hubby said...

Thank you my dear. I love your voice in the written word.