Psalm 133
"How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore."
I read this verse in our family's daily devotion time and thought what a beautiful piece of Scripture it is. And man if it were only true! Unfortunately, we don't live in unity. Even in the Church. So much dissension and "drama". People being demeaning and rude to each other. Yes, even amongst Christians. It's tragic. I've had too much experience with it lately. I am yearning for something different. Unity. True fellowship. Belonging to a group that isn't judgmental or have "holier than thou" attitudes. I PRAY for change. For something different, a true form of Christianity, like we see in the book of Acts, to be revealed here in the U.S. We seem to be straying farther and farther away from it as time goes on. How long before we don't resemble any aspect of Christ at all?
1 comment:
We were talking a little about this last night. I totally see where you are coming from. My view really changed when I experience a church in South Africa that is all about community. They haven't forgotten what it's all about. But we, as Americans, are so far gone from what this word means.
Post a Comment