Friday, December 17, 2010

Dissecting Bio202

It's no secret that I am an overachiever. It's no secret that I don't like getting grades lower than an A (or a B+). It's no secret that I struggled with the second semester of Anatomy and Physiology. It was a rough semester. I've never seen so many bad grades in my entire life, much less in one semester. But, somehow, someway (I say a MIRACLE), I got an "A" in Bio 202!!! I wanted to write every score from the semester down so you can see just how close it was at the end. How I did on the final could have meant a C, a B, or a very slight chance of an A. Here's the breakdown.

Bi-weekly Extra Credit Quizzes (all out of 12 pts)
1) 7 (this is an F)
2) 8 (D)
3) 8 (D)
4) 10 (B)
5) 11 (A)
6) 11 (A)
7) 10 (B)

Avg. = 9

Practicals (out of 30 pts)
1) 20 (D)
2) 24 (B)
3) 28 (A)

Avg. = 24

Lecture Exams (out of 70 pts)
1) 59 (B)
2) 58 (B)
3) 49 (D)
4) ?

Avg. of 1st 3 exams = 55

So, before the final, I had 88% in the class. While I was taking the test I felt a bit uneasy and was unsure of about 30 of the 100 questions (which meant a C-, which would have meant a C in the class). If I made some lucky guesses on them, I figured I would score somewhere in the 50s, which would have given me a B (the grade I was expecting in the class). I needed an average of 57 on all my exams to get the A, which means I needed the final to be at least 61 pts. I guess I got it and I am so relieved. I REALLY wish I could see what I got on the final exam, but my teacher specifically told us not to email him about it unless we weren't "satisfied" with our final grade. Well, I am, so I will let it go. Time to celebrate! YIPPEE!


Still have a 4.0! :)

1 comment: