Next Ten Movies in the Netflix Queue
1. Veggie Tales: Duke and the Great Pie War
2. Veggie Tales: Sheerluck Holmes
3. Inviticus
4. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
5. Transformers: Volume 2 (Disc 1)
6. Transformers: Volume 2 (Disc 2)
7. Avatar
8. Ray
9. Transformers: Volume 2 (Disc 3)
10. Transformers: Volume 2 (Disc 4)
We subscribe to Netflix mostly for the kids, hence why so many on this list are for them. This is from our DVD queue; we also have an "Instant queue" for movies to stream through our Wii or watch on the laptop. The kids watch more TV during the HOT summer months, but only movies (we don't have cable). I like that we don't have to deal with the commercial advertisement of cable TV and we completely control what they watch. And with Netflix, they get to watch some of the classic shows that aren't on anymore, like the Smurfs, the Jetsons, and Gummy Bears. The Transformers cartoon on here is in fact the one from the 80s. The next set they will be watching is Chip n' Dale. I LOVE Netflix. TOTALLY worth the 18 bucks a month (we have the plan with 3 DVDs at a time, with unlimited instant play in addition to that; my best estimate is that we watch about 20 movies/shows a month, less than a buck each)--and much preferred to the 50-80 bucks a month for cable.
2 comments:
We love Netflix too! It sounds like a great alternative to cable for your family. I LOVED 'Invictus'. Let me know what you think about it!
Watch Transformers much? HaHa! I am thinking about getting Netflix again. We let it go because we never had time to watch movies. I let Jacob watch one movie a day and he's gone through all of the ones we own. I've been trying to check movies out from the library but it's kind of slim pickings there. I guess that I can justify it as a homeschooling expense...or therapy for me so I can have a couple of hours to myself :)
Post a Comment