My confession this week is that I was not able to fully participate in the rice and beans challenge. I had a few "slip-ups" because I have little will power, poor self-control, and am too spoiled to really live it out. The first was on Tuesday afternoon. I had had a remicade infusion that morning and was feeling dizzy and nauseous. I had some dried fruit and a hershey's kiss. That same night, I had some cheese. And then yesterday, I had a sample of pecan-chocolate tart at Trader Joe's and then some cornbread last night (that I had baked for today's stuffing). I am quite disappointed in myself, but more than that my heart just aches for the families out there that live like this every day, 365 days a year, for most or all of their lives. They don't have the option of grabbing some fruit or cheese when they feel dizzy. They don't have a grocery store that has free samples for its shoppers. They don't have ovens to bake cornbread. But, I bet they are thankful despite their circumstances. I bet they don't complain even half as much as the American population.
I am so thankful for this perspective. And, I am sure I am going to think twice before I complain about trivial matters in the future. I am blessed. And I am thankful. God is good.
Phil. 4:12 "I have learned to be content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
1 Thes 5:16-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
No comments:
Post a Comment