Monday, August 24, 2009

What Remains


I stare in this empty space
Remembering what is known
Finding solace in this ache
What more for this soul?
Time doesn't heal all wounds
Still they remain
Scarred with infection
What is left to embrace?
A promise given first
A love that persists
But, still, the space remains
Barren in existence
Not of this life but beyond
Greater an impact than now
Yesterday speaks better than tomorrow
Here in this grace
A heart can rejoice
Despite not having anything to say
Words that are heard
The emptiness is known
What's left to realize?
Only this memory
Of things to come
Unravelling this life
Expectation remains


My baby died one year ago today. One year since I've seen his sweet face; one year since I held him in my arms. Yet, for him, its a year he's had to celebrate in eternity, in the complete glory of God. At least I can find comfort in that. But, still, I am sad and torn; most days I feel incomplete. The part of me that is left wishes I could get that piece of me back. I know one day I will, when I see Ezra again in Heaven, where my joy will be complete. Thank You Jesus.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Sara, your faith is inspiring and I know that you will see Ezra again. So many times we wish that we could understand God's plan just a little bit - your heart of praise in spite of the hurt is humbling to me.

Love you!