So, lets get to the heart of it. I am a sinner. I've never been anything else. If God were to look just a me, and me alone, He would cringe. He would turn His face away. I repulse Him. I offend Him. But, also, it grieves Him. How many times was he grieved for having to punish His chosen people for their disobedience? And to think that I make Him feel this way...the Creator of Life. But, praise Him! He is glorious! He is sovereign! Because, now, when he sees me, He has compassion. He loves me. He adores me. He chose me. When did that change? When did He go from hating my sin to ignoring it with loving response? When Jesus died on the cross. His Son. My Savior. And when I accepted that Son and His atonement for my iniquity. Praise Him!
But, He is a jealous God. When I choose something else over Him, it grieves Him. And that is my confession this week. Not choosing Him first. Books, DVDs, Facebook, TV. Even time with my children--using that as a "good" excuse to not spend time with Him. Its like I am doing everything I can to avoid Him. The ironic thing is that when I do choose Him, I have a much better time than with anything else! I feel refreshed, my mood improves, I even look better. It makes me want to praise Him more. Why wouldn't I want more of that in my life? Could it be that sometimes I am too ashamed, and feeling too worthless to approach Him? Even though my Lord has redeemed me. And that no matter what I do, if I approach Him with a repentant heart He will embrace me. He forgives me. He loves me. It still astounds me. His faithfulness. And its even more astounding what would become of us without it. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord!
2 Tim 2:13 "If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself."
No comments:
Post a Comment