Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Confession 10

I have been unfocused and undisciplined in reading the word. My prayers have been selfish (heal me, heal me, heal me). My worship time consists of listening to the worship playlist on iTunes while I fiddle around on facebook or play Pogo games. And yet, I'm expecting God to come through with what I need? When did it stop being about Him? Oh, yeah, when I became consumed with what is and isn't going on with me. I could blame it on my poor health, but I won't. I confess that I've become selfish in my faith the last few weeks. I seek forgiveness, And I pray that my spirit can be renewed so that once again, my focus can be Jesus. Sweet, sweet Jesus!

Heb 12:2-3 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

No comments: