Sunday, February 22, 2009

Confession

"Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." ~~James 5:16

I have been keeping confession journals for years...I love having a written confession of my sin because I can go back and read about what God has helped me overcome, and I can identify sins that I continually struggle with, and pinpoint exactly what the Enemy uses when trying to sabotage my faith. I've decided to broaden that a bit, and be a little more transparent, here in a blogging format.

I've noticed a trend with my sin...it almost always takes the form of anger. Meaning, usually, I sin because I struggle with what to do with my anger. Usually this results in 3 ways: bad language (the "s" word is the most frequent); slander (this usually takes the form of "road rage"--I will say something not so nice about whatever driver I am ticked at); and yelling. The last one is the one I struggle with the most. I get so impatient with my little ones, and I yell at them. I yell "BE QUIET" or "STOP DOING THAT"...or whatever it is that is irritating me. And this causes me to discipline out of anger, rather than love. I usually just yell at them to go to their rooms, and don't bother discussing with them what they are being punished for. ::SIGH:: I don't want to be that kind of mother. And, to give myself a little credit, I am not always that kind of mother. But, I do struggle with it. And I wish I didn't.

I am thankful that I can admit these weaknesses and still come before God, though I feel completely unworthy. Our God is so good; He's already forgiven me. His love is so unconditional...He embraces me even though I continue to rebel against Him. He is so constant and so loving, and always willing to give me another chance. I want to be that kind of mother to my kids. And, I know that He has faith in me to follow His lead. He's so awesome!

No comments: