So, March has been weird, yeah? Thanks to the pandemic, I've gotten a lot of reading done. Seven books this month and started my 8th the other day, but won't finish it until after April, due to work, so I'll claim it for next month. A lot of good ones this month!
1. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Chick Lit)
I just love her characters and writing style. I am working my way through her entire catalogue and pretty much loving every book. That being said, this has been my least favorite one. Maybe because I can't identify with the protagonist's issues? I still give it a solid three and a half stars.
2. Rich and Pretty by Rumaan Alam (Chick Lit)
This book didn't really get into a groove for me. Normally, I am a fan of books written from the different perspectives of various characters, but I just couldn't get attached to any of these characters. I finished the book, but only just. One and a half stars.
3. Night Road by Kristin Hannah (Fiction - dysfunctional family)
I adore this author. I've read maybe half her books and haven't really been disappointed in any of them. This one is one of my favorites so far. It has some triggers, just as a warning. Four and a half stars.
4. Akin by Emma Donoghue (Fiction)
This is the author of "Room", one of my favorite books. So far, none of her subsequent books have been as brilliant as that one, and this has been my least favorite. Three stars.
5. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Chick Lit)
I really love that none of her books are quite exactly like the others. Her style of writing is so unique. This was a great read. Four stars.
6. Thou Shalt Not Be a Jerk by Eugene Cho (non-fiction, political)
I've been waiting for this one. As a left-leaning moderate and a Christian, this was such a refreshing read. Highly recommend for wherever you fall on the political spectrum. Four and a half stars.
7. The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens (Fiction)
A very interesting read. A little slow at first, but starts to build. Somewhat predictable, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Four stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment