Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Year, A Stronger Cord

Today, I celebrated 12 years of marriage with my wonderful husband, Peter.  I have said time and again that I think he is the BEST husband EVER and I don't rescind that proclamation.  But, our 12 years have not been "wedded bliss".  We've been through a lot.  The bad times.  The for poorer.  The sickness.  More of that compared to the good times, the richer, or in health.  But, through it all, our faith and our love have built stronger bonds into our marriage.  This strand of 3 cords is now getting thicker and tougher with each passing year.

I am grateful to be married to this amazing man.  We're both getting older--gray hair (or losing hair, in someone's case), crow's feet, extra adipose tissue--but he's more handsome to me every day.  Every day, I choose him again and again.  And I am glad he chooses me too (even though I've given him plenty of reasons not to).  I am glad God brought us together and glad we made the decision to take the leap and stay together, with His grace.

So, Happy Anniversary to my husband of 12 years.  I look forward to what the future holds, in good times and bad, for richer or poorer, and in sickness and in health.  I love you, Peter.



"Though one may be overpowered  two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  ~Ecclesiastes 4: 11

No comments: