Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day!

I am writing this on Thursday night, but it won't post until Sunday morning.  Resurrection Day.

Easter is my favorite holiday.  I love it all: the food, family, the chocolate, but especially the message.  I truly believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I believe that He is the Son of God.  I believe that He came to earth in the flesh of a man, born to a virgin, and lived a sinless life.  Fully God, fully man.  I believe that He was crucified on the cross to pay the punishment for the sin of all mankind, past, present, and future.  I believe that He was physically dead and 3 days later, on what we would celebrate as Easter Sunday, His Father raised Him back to physical life.  I truly do.  I am well educated and free thinking.  In fact, I am currently taking science classes that exist simply to discredit the Creation "theory" and the possibility of a true physical resurrection.  Despite what these books and theorists say, I stand firm in my FAITH that God exists.  That His Son exists.  That the Bible speaks truth.  I am proud to call myself a follower of Christ Jesus.  And I am thankful for His sacrifice......and for the redemption it brings.

HAPPY EASTER!

Isaiah 53:5 ~ "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."

No comments: