Friday, September 10, 2010

Sorrow Upon Sorrow

Lately, I've been feeling like everything is stacked against me. Health, finances, school, kids, marriage, friends. Nothing seems to be going "right". And once again, I am discouraged. I hate the conspiracy theory that "the world" is against me. Because "the world" is God's and that would mean that He is against me. And I know that that is definitely not accurate.

I hate that a mere shift in my serotonin levels can break my faith. I hate that I am so weak, I cannot stand firm on the knowledge that all things work for the good of those who love Him (even the "bad" things). Because I do. Lord knows, I have a desperate love and desire for Him. With so much of my life out of whack, the constantness of this love for Him is all I have to cling to. Its all I have to keep me from giving up completely. Because that is what the "old" Sara would have done. Give up. Especially when I am feeling as hopeless as I feel right now.

At times like this, I can only rely on the Spirit to intercede for me. Because I have no words, or rather, I have nothing new to say. Just the same junk over and over; and the feeling that God is tired of hearing it. I know that I am tired of thinking it.

Psalm 62:5-8

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Selah

No comments: