Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God Things Come in Threes

This post was originally supposed to be entitled "Good Things Come in Threes" but I left out an O in the haste of my typing. I was going back to fix it, when I took a second look at it and decided that it was just as appropriate (if not moreso) for the title of this blog post. This week, God things were happening all over the place in our family (and in other families and friends' lives). But, the place where it was most crucial for us was financially. And He answered three prayers this week pertaining to our finances.

(1) Money was provided to pay for my next school semester. I originally thought I was going to have to charge it on a credit card as we didn't have enough cash at hand to pay for it. If I didn't pay it on time, I would have been dropped from my class, and that would have meant the hassle of trying to crash it come August. We avoid using credit as much as possible and its been difficult lately to have to rely on it for unexpected expenses. THE DAY my tuition was due, we got a check in the mail from our home owners' insurance--a refund on our cancelled policy. It was for THE EXACT amount of money I owed for next semester. We were expecting the check, but we didn't know when or for how much. It worked out perfectly. YAY GOD!

(2) We have been struggling to maintain a budget for the past several months. In May, we decided we needed more income. Originally, I was going to put school on hold and look for a part time job in child care. But, my husband decided he wanted to be responsible for making up the extra income and to look for a second job. He put out a couple applications to no avail. Just when we were getting desperate (and I was thinking I was going to have to put school on hold after all), Peter got a call from a friend who wanted to refer him for a job as an on-call crisis intervention liaison. He will be completing hire paperwork next week and should be starting within days of that. This is the perfect second job for him, because he doesn't need to be at a certain place for specific hours. He only has to go someplace if he is called out; but he still gets paid (and well) for the hours he's on call, regardless of whether or not he is called. It's a job I know he will love doing as well--helping people in trouble, which is exactly what God designed him to do. YAY GOD!

(3) Escrow is about to close on our house! This short sale process has been long, stressful, and costly. It is going to be such a relief to put this behind us and move on. We won't have to put anymore of our money to that house, so we can start paying off debt and saving for college for the kids, and blessing others. We finished signing all the paperwork this morning. It's supposed to close Friday. YAY GOD!

It never surprises me when God is faithful; His Word tells us He is (Deut. 7:9, Psalm 33:4, Lam. 3:23, 2 Tim 2:13, & more, but those are my favorites). What surprises me is when I doubt Him. When I worry needlessly or get overwhelmed by fear. When I don't remember that He is going ahead of me, and will prepare me and be with me through whatever He has planned for me. Our God is good--all the time. All the time, our God is good. :)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I still think this is awesome how God provides. Tuesday my friend, Matt, told me he needed to fly out to Missouri to meet his dying father for the first time. But he doesn't have the $. He texted me when I got home last night from your house telling me he just found out he has a painting worth $2,000. He is going to sell it and get a plane ticket and then save the rest. :) Love both of the stories!

zanesmommy said...

How wonderful! God does provide and your family has shown great faith in His provisions. Thank you for being such a great example.

Jessica Rene said...

So happy for you and your family! :)