Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Confession

Right now, I just need to confess that I am not letting God be in control. I am trying to work things out according to my plans, and as usual, its only making things worse. When I don't trust God, I put unrealistic expectations on myself and on others (namely, my husband and children). These expectations, in turn, result in me being disappointed, annoyed, depressed, or all of the above, when they are not met. And that leads to me having unkind words and actions to the people closest to me. And so, I must repent, and admit my fault and seek forgiveness for it. And, I need to let go of the guilt I put on myself, because, once confessed, God doesn't hold it against me. His Son already took the punishment for it. He is faithful and I know that despite my iniquity, He embraces me and reassures me and encourages me to trust in Him. I have to remind myself to let go. He is in charge. And the finished product of something I planned wouldn't even be half as good as something He plans.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

No comments: