1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins, and purify us from all unrighteousness."
Week 2
(Did I mention this was going to be a weekly thing? I thought I had implied that in the other confession blog...oh, well--that's what I'm trying to do!)
This week, I did not take every opportunity to act as a witness for Christ. Actually, its rare that I even notice an opportunity--and if I do, I pass it by because I don't want to look like an idiot. I totally understand why many Christians only surround themselves with other Christians. Its a huge responsibility to be an example of Christ to nonbelievers! Its exhausting, really. I feel like I have to watch every word I say--even the tone of my voice and my body language. Its so easy to slip up and then I'm thinking,"Dang it, I ruined that opportunity!" ::SIGH:: I wish it was just second nature to me to always be the salt and the light. But, its so easy to slip into old habits. And then, I just feel guilty later and have to confess and repent. And, this week, once again, I failed our Heavenly Father, myself, and the nonbelievers I should have been a witness to. I just can't seem to get it right.
Eph 5:15-16 "Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
No comments:
Post a Comment