Ok, since I only started this blog about a week ago, I'm a little far behind posting my
"Goals for 2009". I never do resolutions. They are pointless--no one can keep them. Instead, I set goals for myself every year, and its awesome to see which of those goals are completed or how far I come to completing them. I did manage to complete 2 of my 9 goals for 2008; and I think I came quite a ways in reaching 5 or 6 of the others. There was only one that was not met at all (returning to school). The two I "completed": pay off credit cards (hurray!!!--the only debt we have now is the house and its really freeing--I wish we could sell this place so that we could be debt free!!!); and joining a women's Bible study. I hadn't been in a women's Bible study in 5 years--Peter and I have always done couple studies. But, seeing as his schedule isn't conducive for us to attend one together, and we never have child care anyway, I hadn't been involved in anything for a year. But, last January I joined R&R, and I'm so glad I did. Its been an awesome experience. I miss my "regular" R&R gals in Mesa, but am adjusting well to Gilbert and have met some fabulous ladies. :) (I had to switch because I couldn't go at night anymore since Peter works swings now.) Anyway, those are the goals I managed to reach. Here's the list for 2009:
1) Do not put a time limit on "God time"--put Him first every day. Pray, Worship, study Scripture, and seek Him fully in every decision and plan. ✔
2) Find a "worthwhile" cause to volunteer for, regularly. (Sort of did this....)
3) Spend more time "in action" with my kids (the Wii and movie night do not count) ✔
4) Return to school ✔
5) Keep up with the "cash only" program; stick to the budget ✔
6)
Find a babysitter! Must have date night more than once every 4 months!
7)
Take a vacation, just Peter and I--even if only two days.
8)
Eat less sweets (just because they're organic doesn't mean they're good for you!)
9)
Maintain an exercise regimen--30 minutes a day, six days a week: running or swimming (depends on season), and yoga.
10) Get a colon scope ✔
Sorry about that last one, but I am LONG overdue for one. I have Ulcerative Colitis and Colon Cancer is a constant scare, especially since it runs in my family. Its imperative that I get checked every 3-5 years (depending on the GI you talk to) and I haven't had one since 2000. My bad?
Thats about it. I have a few others, but they're personal (yes, even more personal than an invasive colon exam.)
=D
2 comments:
I especially like 6, 7, and 10. =)
Great goals! I love that idea - so much better than resolutions that just get forgotten. I like this new blog, too!
Post a Comment