Saturday, February 29, 2020

What I Read: February

Still keeping up the momentum to reach my yearly reading goal, even with a shorter month and a couple of longer, more complex books. Even though I started a sixth book yesterday, I won't finish it till March, so I will count it toward next month's books.

1. Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner (fiction -- dysfunctional family)
An interesting read. Not one of my favorites by her, but it held my interest the entire time. Three stars.

2. Mindhunter by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker (true crime)
FINALLY! I've been waiting about 3 months or so for this book, since I finished watching the 2 seasons on Netflix. The book is fantastic! I highly recommend both the book and show! Five stars!

3. Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain (fiction)
This book takes place in the 1960s and had some great characters. The author is a wonderful story teller. It came up as recommended based on my reading of "Where the Crawdads Sing". Mildly similar to that. Four and a half stars.

4. Leave Me by Gail Foreman (fiction -- dysfunctional family)
She's written a couple of my favorite YA novels. This one is more geared toward adults and has the same intriguing characters and storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Four stars.

5. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (fiction)
Another good read from this author. A really different way of storytelling that I thoroughly enjoyed. Four and a half stars.

No comments: