Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Realistic Look at 2017

At the beginning of 2016, I had a word. That word was "anticipate" . And, wow, did 2016 give me a lot to anticipate. Perhaps more than I thought in the beginning. As for the goals I made? Not so much. So, THIS year, rather than set myself up for failure, I decided to set some realistic goals. Here's what I've come up with so far:

1. Quit the gym. 
2. Eat more chocolate.
3. Spend too much money.
4. Work too much.
5. Fantasize about traveling.
6. Sleep 4-5 hours a day.
7. Argue with internet trolls.
8. Ignore the clutter in the garage and closets.
9. Watch too much TV.
10. Embrace the chaos.

I'm fairly certain I'll be able to meet every single one of these goals. In fact, we're halfway through January and I've already knocked out a few of them!

In all seriousness, I didn't set a whole lot of goals this year. And, I'm choosing to keep them to myself. However, I did choose a word for the year. And that word is "REFRESH". After the chaos of 2016--the excitement, the frenzy, the disappointments, the anxiety--I need a reboot. And, you know how when you "refresh" a page, it has a whole new look, even if most of the content is the same? I kind of want to do that to my life this year. A better version of me. A crisper, newer version. Still me, just refreshed and ready for moving forward with all that needs to be done. I need to get myself more organized as a working Mom (it's been a tough transition). I'm planning to return to school for my BSN. We are looking into buying a house. So, yes, lots going on. And, I'll never be able to focus if I can't refresh. So, here we go.

Ready or not, 2017 is well on its way. I pray I can keep up with everything God has in store for us!

No comments: