And, that's third semester DONE. While much of my cohort disagreed, I felt this was the most challenging semester so far in Nursing school. Even more challenging than the term of school I "failed" at PCC. Believe it or not, this semester, I received worse scores on 4 different exams or quizzes than I did on the final that "failed" me out of nursing school. Yet, I still came out with two As (3, if you include Sociology) and a B. Here's how things added up:
NRAD 203A (Nurse Care): 90.12% (A-)
NRAD 203B (Nurse Practice): 88.67% (B+)
NRAD 203D (Med-Surg Pathophysiology): 94% (A)
(Sociology 201: 98.31% -- A)
So, now, it's on to FOURTH semester. It's a little surreal. I feel like it's been all tooth and nails to get to this point. First, struggling with learning to balance family and school back in Arizona. Then, the difficulties of adjusting to what nursing school was actually like in Portland. Then, failing out of nursing school because of bad test questions and teachers who really had no interest in student success. Then, wondering if this was even something I should be doing. After getting into Cuesta's program, much to my dismay considering the rigorous requirements, I really don't know what I expected. But, it's been, quite possibly, the most daunting experience of my life. And, now, the real fun begins. Next semester is going to be very busy, culminating in taking the NCLEX some time next summer (hopefully in June). I will have 8 weeks of med-surg (I did not get the clinical placement I was hoping for, unfortunately), 4 weeks in a Psych rotation at ASH and then 4 weeks of preceptorship. I have 3 classes, plus two different prep classes. Just thinking about it is making me feel dizzy. For now, I'm relishing in knowing I've come this far and look forward to these 5 weeks off with my family. I plan to enjoy every second of it!
Fourth semester -- here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment