Thursday, January 19, 2012

What I'm Into Lately

1. NO SCHOOL!  Still relishing the fact that I don't need to retake the classes.  I turned in my nursing application today.  Should hear at the beginning of April if I will get to sit for the entrance essay and then in late May/early June if I am accepted.  Here's hoping!












2. Reruns of The Wonder Years on Netflix.  What a great show--especially the early years.
















3. Mumford and Sons--heard them for the first time maybe a year ago and fell in love with their music rather quickly.  They are kind of brilliant.  Come on, now--A banjo?  Piano?  Upright base?  It's just pure awesomeness.  And they're British!  Oh, how I love me some British musicians (see: Beatles, Gomez, The Cure, Radiohead, and Keene, to name a few).  Been listening to Sigh No More a lot recently, while I anxiously await a follow up.



4. Apples to Apples--our whole family is addicted to it.













5. Speaking of apples, making apple and/or pear crisps has been big here lately (recipe: HERE).  Easy. Yummy.















6. Our new piano!















7. Awards Season.  Watched the Globes last week and ready for the Oscars, Grammy's, and SAGs.  I am an award's show junkie!













8. Getting ready for our influx of visitors this weekend for my son's 10th birthday.  It's going to be a full house!  Cleaning, organizing, meal planning, and budgeting.

No comments: