Friday, November 5, 2010

Self-Righteousness REEKS

Self-righteousness is the number one reason people leave or avoid the Church. Even people who desperately love God and live to serve Him. Thinking that you are better than someone else; putting others down; showing off your good deeds for all to see; holier than thou attitudes--all symptoms of self-righteousness. We are supposed to EDIFY each other in the Church. We are supposed to build each other up, not tear each other down. I am tired of the hypocrisy, tired of judgments, and frustrated with the self-righteousness I see around me among believers. These things give Christians a bad reputation. I DESPISE the fact that I am surrounded by these people, that they call themselves Christians and then have these attitudes. And it bothers me that unbelievers assume I am like them because I bear the same Name. If we are not careful, self-righteousness will prevent people from attaining salvation. My prayer is that God can remove it from the Church completely.

Matt 23:27-28 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."



No comments: