Lately, I've been letting people get to me. Their preconceived notions, rash judgments, condescending glances, and most of all, their holier-than-thou attitudes. Want to hear the best part??? I have been dealing with this from folks who call themselves Christians. Yep. These are the people that make the rest of us look like babbling, unintelligent, judgmental jerks. People avoid the church because of them (and therefore, avoid Jesus). I know because I used to be one of those people who stayed away because of hypocrisy I saw in its members. I don't know how much longer I can take it.
So, it was nice when I was half-way through the week and God gave me this reminder during my daily Bible time:
Galatians 1:10 ~ "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."
Also, during the church service tonight, the pastor read a quote that encapsulated exactly how I am feeling in dealing with these people.
“I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” ~ Edward Gibbon
I am so glad I don't have to worry about what "they" think. But, it really bothers me when I let them get to me; when I take things personally, even if their looks, words, judgments aren't meant for me (directly). I just need to turn my focus to God and remember that He is the ONLY one I need to worry about when it comes to judgment. And He's already forgiven me. Man, am I glad that I don't have to give an account to the aforementioned people; I would never "pass". And neither would you.
1 comment:
Funny, I have been feeling the same way. So much so that one person I wanted to confront today. But didn't. Miss you! Enjoy Cali!
Post a Comment