Worry is weighing me down this week. Worries about finances, school, health, obligations. It is affecting my prayer life, my attitudes, and my behaviors. I feel pessimism setting in. I know the applicable Scriptures, which I have committed to memory, because worry and anxiety have always been strongholds for me. However, I am not meditating on those Scriptures as promises from God , which they are. I am downplaying the Sovereignty of the Father. And my complete unworthiness becomes evident because the downplaying can (and usually does for me) lead to doubt. I need to trust. I need to remain faithful (especially with finances). And I need to turn these sins over to Jesus and repent.
It's really scary....especially when you are staring some of your worse fears in the face.
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Matthew 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
No comments:
Post a Comment