Thursday, December 17, 2009

One Semester Down, 7 To Go

Well, I did it. I survived my first semester of school in 9 years. It wasn't easy. At times, I have just wanted to throw in the towel. At times, I was less-than-pleasant to my husband and children from the stress of an upcoming test, or not getting enough sleep in an effort to tie everything else in: housework, schoolwork, Bible and prayer time, church, playtime, doctor appointments, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, and maybe a phone conversation here, a night out with the hubby or friends there. BREATHE. And now, I find I have all of this spare time, and I love it! I am off for a month, and am going to enjoy every minute of it because next semester is going to be more hectic since I am taking classes that are going to require more of my time and effort. Chemistry and Anatomy. YIKES.

I've been told my whole life that I expect too much of myself. That I put undo stress into my life. I don't do it on purpose--its how I am wired. I do it without thinking about it. I was SO nervous about the math final I took on Tuesday. It was the hardest test I have ever taken in my life. And not because of the content, necessarily, but because of the impact it was going to have on my future. Pass or fail. I was so afraid that all the effort I put in this semester would be in vain. And then I was reminded, as I was pulling out of the parking lot after the final, that it was irrelevant. All of it. A song came on the radio, one I hadn't heard in quite awhile, maybe a year: We Fall Down (Kutless's version). It reminded me of God's sovereignty and how minute everything else is compared to it. It didn't matter whether I passed or failed; it didn't matter if I didn't fulfill my desire to become a nurse. He is Holy, Holy, Holy. And it made me smile.

We Fall Down
We fall down
We lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb
We fall down
We lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
We cry holy, holy, holy
Is the lamb

My Jesus, I love you
I know thou are mine
To thee all the follies of sin I resent
My gracious redeemer
My savior, art thou
If ever I'll love you
My Jesus tis now

(music and lyrics by Chris Tomlin)

All that being said, I found out my grades today:
Bio 181:A
Math 120: A

WHEW!

No comments: