Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Confession 11

I haven't been very consistent with my confessions, eh? I think the heat and the kids being out of school has thrown off my sense of time. What day is it?

Anyway, consistency is just one thing I've been lacking in; one of numerous confessions. But, there is only one I want to discuss today: Selfishness. That is a trait I never want associated with my personality. Especially as a Christian; as a wife; as a mother. I am called to be self-sacrificing. Commanded actually. Deny myself. Alas, though, as of late, I have been self-serving. In several areas of my life. What am I going to get out of this? How is this going to better my circumstances? The funny thing is, when you seek something that way, the reward is temporary. It doesn't last long at all. And then you're right back out there, begging for more. Its a sick cycle of sin. I've noticed though, that when you're serving and seeking out of love, it benefits you much better. And lasts so much longer--through eternity. Wow. How incredible our God is--He, in his infinite knowledge and wisdom, demonstrated this to us. And his reward is us! WOW. And that humbles me; because as I confess this, I feel so unworthy of Him, but he considers me a prize to be won. No, a prize that he bought. Paid for IN FULL with the blood of his Son. How can I ever think of doing anything but serving Him with love and faithfulness?

Phil 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."


Luke 9:23 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

No comments: